Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred
A site to share your Reptile experiances & ask questions

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Crestie supplementation

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index -> Rhacodactylus Geckos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Xenopus
Contributing Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 6:22 pm    Post subject: Crestie supplementation Reply with quote

Could anyone clarify exactly what should be mixed with crestie food. I have pure calcium carbonate and at the moment also use TRex Sandfire chameleon dust as the multivit. for my cham. But....the TRex crested gecko diet thing looks like it does the job of a multivit. Is this right? Can I just use the calcium powder and the TRex stuff? And, how often?
Thanks!

Last edited by Xenopus on Thu Dec 01, 2005 12:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Scott W
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The T-rex CGD is a TOTAL diet, all that needs to be added is water. However, to get this complete diet, it lacks a little in the taste department so most people start off mixing a sweet baby food into it, then slowly reducing the amount over a few months until they are eating only the CGD mixed with water.

Once your geckos are on CGD, they can live, breed and grow old on it. Allen Repashy who developed the diet feeds it exclusively to his geckos and produces 1000's of crested babies each year.

I use CGD every other day and offer crickets dusted in nutrabol twice a week.

Please DO NOT pm orders for reptiles, send email instead scott@captivebred.co.uk
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index -> Rhacodactylus Geckos All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: