Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred
A site to share your Reptile experiances & ask questions

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

My Pet Alligator...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index -> Venomous & other DWAA
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mafia_69
I've settled in...

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 9:43 pm    Post subject: My Pet Alligator... Reply with quote

the pic is quite old... couple of years now...
The croc was well fed, and we were in April... so the water wasnt very hot yet and they were quite calm...
lol93
Site Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lovely 'gator! He does seem calm!
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice!

what's the name of the park you're working at there?

Please DO NOT pm orders for reptiles, send email instead scott@captivebred.co.uk
Stuart
Forum Clown
Forum Clown

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool cool pic mate,he looks quite heavy!
Contributing Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its Krazy world in Algoz, i went last year, monster burms, what can only be described as a alligator pit, a few crocs, the dodgiest electrical wiring you`ve ever seen but some great animals that were well cared for.

about 20 km from Faro airport worth a visit if you`re ever in the area
mafia_69
I've settled in...

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 2:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i wouldnt say 20km but its quite near... the best is to contact your hotel recepcionist and ask for tours there... there are usually excursions and they arrange the bus and the tickets... its a nice day and you get to see several less seen large reptiles (crocs, pitons, etc) and farm animals as well (llamas, camels, dwarf goats, wallabis, ducks, etc...)

actually all the animals come from the UK... the park has a contract with some kind of organisation there that provided the animals when the park opened... altough some of the more usual ones (iguanas, king snakes, turtles etc,...) were given to the park by owners tired of their pets... we are no longer taking iguanas tough...
a couple of years back we had someone that gave the park a baby alligator that was bought in spain... (they are illegal to have in Portugal, as well has all pitons and boas)
Scott W
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I understand it's illegal to own Royal pythons in Portugal but ok to own cobras...is that right?

Please DO NOT pm orders for reptiles, send email instead scott@captivebred.co.uk
mafia_69
I've settled in...

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You cannot have any tipe of snake from the boideae or pitonidae family... but you can have snakes like rattlesnakes and other crotalus... there is no legislation about venomous snakes... for the government, the really dangerous snake are the royal pithons Laughing

Also, if anyone complaints about you having a snake in your house, its probable that you end up without it, even if its just a corn snake... the officers can tell a corn from a naja...
Scott W
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doesn't give you much confidence in your government if they create stupid laws like that Laughing

Any restrictions on other reptiles? or is it just the pythons and boas?

mafia_69
I've settled in...

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well the legislation is so blurry that we preferr no to have anything that may be illegal... we never know... but i know several people that have pitons and boas... they think its better to enjoy your pet then to live with ''fear'' of the law... i think that way too... the government has no idea whats going on...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index -> Venomous & other DWAA All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: