Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred
A site to share your Reptile experiances & ask questions

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

All About Ball Pythons, DVD from VPI

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index -> Review - Books & Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Scott W
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 10:07 am    Post subject: All About Ball Pythons, DVD from VPI Reply with quote

All About Ball Pythons, DVD, Dave & Tracy Barker

This is an hour long DVD and reasonable professional. I have no idea when it was first released but I am guessing it's 5 years plus as they showed some ball python morphs and said there were only 3 in the world, which was strange as I had one in my collection Laughing , also they were excited about breeding a pair of spider balls together to "create something new", we now know that two spiders just create more spiders, so nothing to get too excited about Laughing

Overall it was quite basic, I couldn't really see what audience they were aiming for, too basic for any wanting to seriously breed balls and too 'boring' for anyone just after a pet snake. Overall I was dissapointed with the DVD, didn't show much in the way of morphs or the Barkers set up and all very basic.

Not sure what the retail price is (mine was a gift) but I don't think I'd spend any money buying it myself.

Please DO NOT pm orders for reptiles, send email instead scott@captivebred.co.uk
royalpython
Key Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol, darn!

Looks like when i get this it'll be getting chucked then Very Happy

I also got one called ball python's in the wild.. not seen it yet.. figured it would be worth a watch since it's unlikely i'll ever go trecking through Africa's wilderness searching for one Shocked Very Happy
royalpython
Key Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you seen the DVD about boa's from VPI? I only have one boa, but out of curiousity decided to see if there would be anything of interest.
Scott W
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing well I wouldn't go as far as chucking it but it's not one I'd sit and watch twice Wink

Not seen the boa one, let me know what you think.

Please DO NOT pm orders for reptiles, send email instead scott@captivebred.co.uk
royalpython
Key Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah the ball python one is a little back dated. I have my temperature's different from them - each to their own i suppose.. keeping royal's seem's to be different for most people.

Anyway.. the VPI boa DVD.. I found this one more interesting but i don't have much in the way of experience. They visit a known breeder that first produced Salmons (i think), and he shows the methods of breeding... highly interesting! The guy doesn't use a stat, and uses heat tape on full 105F.. Tracy was surprised! And so was I!! It seems to work for him, so not more you can say about that. I also found it amazing how the boa's when laying their young, they choose to lay them in these little boxes rather than these bigger one's. This is probably an old DVD as well, and i really don't know much in the way of them, probably why i found it fascinating (i thought i would).

Ball python's in the wild sent me to sleep. After numerous images of african's man handling these wild royal's we just turned it off and fell asleep.. might give it another go at some point today.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index -> Review - Books & Products All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: