Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred
A site to share your Reptile experiances & ask questions

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

behaviour

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index -> Rhacodactylus Geckos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kat
Contributing Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2005 10:20 pm    Post subject: behaviour Reply with quote

well, one of my cresties sits in the evenings with their tail in the waterdish. Is this just to cool down? the other one doesn't do it. Just wondered what the behaviour was about. Also this is the one that poos on me if i ever take it out of the cage. Might be angry because i haven't thought of any decent names yet.....
Scott W
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2005 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

not sure why he sits with his tail in the water, check your temps. Does he do this all the time? perhaps check that he has no unshed skin on him.

Please DO NOT pm orders for reptiles, send email instead scott@captivebred.co.uk
Kat
Contributing Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2005 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

my temps are within the range specified on care-sheets. he/she does have a bit of skin stuck over a nail, which i have tried to soak and pull off. its a tiny bit and definately on claw, there is no other skin stuck. every night it goes for a dip and then goes hunting. Also it is the greediest of the two and the other one hardly gets a look in when it comes to the crickets.

Also not having much luck with getting them not to be scared of my hand, so cant get near them to offer licking baby food from the hand. Obviously trying to get them out of the cage will only re-affirm their hand-fear, so i'm thinking much perseverence is required...
thanks for help
Kat
Contributing Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2005 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok hopefully i managed to post a non-giant picture...
DanLay
Contributing Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kat wrote:
Also it is the greediest of the two and the other one hardly gets a look in when it comes to the crickets.

Hi Kat.
If the the other gecko is getting little food, I would recommend that you seperated them, at least for feeding.
Scott W
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DanLay wrote:
Kat wrote:
Also it is the greediest of the two and the other one hardly gets a look in when it comes to the crickets.

Hi Kat.
If the the other gecko is getting little food, I would recommend that you seperated them, at least for feeding.

or try adding a few more crickets, the greedy one will only eat so many Wink

Please DO NOT pm orders for reptiles, send email instead scott@captivebred.co.uk
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index -> Rhacodactylus Geckos All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: