Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred
A site to share your Reptile experiances & ask questions

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Reptile breed show 2006
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index -> Upcoming Shows / Events & reviews of previous reptile expos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Scott W
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To be honest I doubt with the way things are that Live sales will ever happen, for me I don't mind at all. I am more than happy to take a display of various reptiles that I breed, spending time talking to anyone who's interested in buying them. If after they get home and do some research they decide they want some then they know where to get some from.

The format of breeders displays, traders offering dry goods, amusements for children and the competition side is all good. I understand what you mean about the judging side not being that exciting for those that haven't entered but there's not much you can do about that.

Hopefully next year I will have a much bigger display, including rare ball pythons Laughing

Please DO NOT pm orders for reptiles, send email instead scott@captivebred.co.uk
peaches
CaptiveBred Addict!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We had a lovely day, I like chit chatting with everyone. Got two 1st aswell, so chuffed to bits Very Happy Very Happy

Alot of people really did miss out, much better organised, ran very smoothly. More displays would be great from breeders just showing their beautiful animals, your cresties were stunning Scott.

Worse thing...trying to actually get out of Milton Keynes Shocked took us half hour going round roundabouts, before finding a road out!!! Laughing
goldenburm
Captivebred Colonel

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope to have a few differing boa morphs to bring next year, and with that hopefully I may blag or if I get my own a pro rack to show them as well. Maybe we could get some breeders to do a talk around the outside at set times say at 30 minute intervals on either how they got started, how they breed etc. thats way there will be summat for people to talk about!
1.0 pastel motley DEAD
2.0 sunglows 1.0 LIVING
1.1 pastel het snow 0.1 LIVING
2.2 albino boas DEAD
0.2 albino ara's DEAD
0.4 boa constrictors 0.2 LIVING
Nerys
Contributing Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

totally agree scott...

it will never become a show where snakes are for sale... in the same way that there are not stands with dogs for sale at crufts...

its a breed show.. not a sales venue. you come to enter snakes you keep or have breed, not to buy new ones...

N
zarozinia
CaptiveBred Addict!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can certainly agree with the points brought up here, not sure why it was quieter this year. Maybe more advertising required.
I too believe the day ran smoother this year and believe that letting people view the snakes was an improvement.
I really enjoyed getting to know you a bit better Scott, Ive learned a bit from you regarding cresties and am consequently altering the way I feed them to see how it goes. As far as cresty breeders go in this country, you must be leading the way forward.
Was great to see a few friends and get chatting to a few people I didnt know so well too.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index -> Upcoming Shows / Events & reviews of previous reptile expos All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: