Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred
A site to share your Reptile experiances & ask questions

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Houten - Holland 5th June 05

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index -> Upcoming Shows / Events & reviews of previous reptile expos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Scott W
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 8:31 am    Post subject: Houten - Holland 5th June 05 Reply with quote

Maybe the biggest reptile show in Holland, all animals offered.

They were some amazing beetles for sale, really bright almost like living jewel stones, wish I took some photos now. also had a few unusual mammals like Prarie dogs (75 euros).

the show started at 11 and finished at 5, it was packed solid from 11 up until about 4. Vast numbers of royals for sale but not too many other young CB snakes, a little too early in the year. Only saw 3 crested geckos for sale, a hand full of gargoyles (100 euros each for youngsters). Striped Royal $20'000 (Mark Bell). Some fantastic Green tree pythons, even a pair of Emeralds trying to mate while on display!

You can also buy some great equipment, and planted glass vivs.

All in all, well worth a visit, just make sure you take lots of money and a large van to bring everything home in!
dalchana
I've settled in...

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2005 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was at that show scott, it was my first show I had ever been too, and i loved it, like you said a good mix of reptiles , amphibians and inverts, just wished i had took more money than i did. Just brilliant definately go again in the near future
CokaCola
Contributing Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2005 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do people drive to Houten themselves? and if so is it a pretty straight forward journey? how long does it take you to arrive at the venue in the Netherlands from the UK?
Scott W
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2005 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tariq,
I used to leave at 4am and would back home that night by 8pm.

Can't remember how many miles it was, perhaps 500 each way (will check next time I'm in my car).

Please DO NOT pm orders for reptiles, send email instead scott@captivebred.co.uk
CokaCola
Contributing Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2005 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats interesting, the fact that it can be done in a day....... me and parents are considering going next year, but they not so keen on the distance......
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index -> Upcoming Shows / Events & reviews of previous reptile expos All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: