Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred
A site to share your Reptile experiances & ask questions

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Petropolis Billingham - Lauren Gibson - Police raid
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index -> Breeder / Suppliers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
repmanuk
I'm new here...

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As my original review of dead animals and poor hygiene at Petropolis has been edited out by Scott W, here is the Northern Echo Page 21, 20th Sept article that I cannot provide a link to. I have copied it word for word. I have missed off the last couple of paragraphs repeating about the seized possums earlier in the year and advertising in the Yellow Pages.

By Mike Chipchase – Northern Echo

Animal welfare officers have seized control of a North east Pet shop after discovering dead animals and birds on the premises.

Police, together with animal welfare and license enforcement officers from Stockton Borough Council raided Petropolis In Clifton Avenue, Billingham on Monday.

The shop, and two homes, in Billingham and Middlesbrough were searched as part of the investigation.

The pet store has been temporarily closed down while the investigation continues.

A spokesman for Stockton Borough Council said “Stockton council animal welfare and licensing officers, accompanied by the police, seized the pet shop and its contents, as well as animals found in two associated domestic properties. They executed searches at all three premises under warrant, backed by the expert opinion of a veterinary surgeon. As part of our continuing investigations, the council team is currently cataloguing about 150 animals including birds, reptiles and rodents. The animal welfare team is temporarily taking care of these. Sadly a number of birds and animals were dead, and vets are considering the condition of several others” He said that animal welfare officers had taken over the shop until the remaining animals and birds were rehomed.

A spokeswomen for Cleveland Police said “ A number of reptiles and birds have been seized under animal welfare legislation, and the search is expected to continue throughout the day”
Jackie
Site Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's not my place to explain (it's up to Lauren as and when she chooses), but please don't believe everything you read in the press. After a long chat with Lauren, trust me it isn't as it seems. I feel that someone has a vendetta against her and they won't stop until she has gone out of business.

3:4 Eublepharis macularius
1:0 Gekko gecko
3:4:1 R. auriculatus
1:3 R. ciliatus
1:1 R. chahoua
1:1 R. leachianus henkeli
955i
Key Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jackie wrote:
I feel that someone has a vendetta against her and they won't stop until she has gone out of business.

Is it possible that they go under the pseudonym of repmanuk do you think??

No info in profile and first post is laying into this story Confused
dendro
I'm new here...

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure if repmanuk is deliberately out to get Lauren but I was sure i had seen the id before so thought i would google and find out. Could be coincidence but it is a local site although not for reptiles.www.******* this isn't where i have seen him but is where google took me when i went looking. Not sure what has gone on with Lauren but I am sure if there was no call for it the police and council wouldn't have shut her down. However as Jackie says don't believe everything you read.
Link Deleted.Youngsters read the forums too.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index -> Breeder / Suppliers All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: