Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred
A site to share your Reptile experiances & ask questions

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

rattler bite
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index -> Venomous & other DWAA
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sidnake
Contributing Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well i dont realy know much i dont keep them but spitters are able to aim for the eyes, i would imagine there pretty intelligent due to being able to do that. Also i heard with King Cobras if you try and distract them with your arm they follow your arm up to your face lol I do think they are pretty intelligent more intelligent than some species.
Bri.
Key Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 7:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dan wrote:
I have some pictures of what copperhead (might be cotton mouth) venom does to blood and over what sort of timescale some where. I'll have a looksie, see if i can find them.

I work in a Coagulation laboratory in a teaching hospital. We use snake venoms to test certain aspects of blood clotting. It tends to make you a bit nervous when you know the only anti venom to the one you are using is stored in Brazil.
Scott W
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bri. wrote:
Dan wrote:
I have some pictures of what copperhead (might be cotton mouth) venom does to blood and over what sort of timescale some where. I'll have a looksie, see if i can find them.

I work in a Coagulation laboratory in a teaching hospital. We use snake venoms to test certain aspects of blood clotting. It tends to make you a bit nervous when you know the only anti venom to the one you are using is stored in Brazil.

interesting sounding job, yep anti venom stored in Brazil will keep you on your toes Laughing

Please DO NOT pm orders for reptiles, send email instead scott@captivebred.co.uk
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index -> Venomous & other DWAA All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: