Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred
A site to share your Reptile experiances & ask questions

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

T-rex mouse maker

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index -> Ball / Royal Pythons
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mike h
CaptiveBred Addict!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 12:22 am    Post subject: T-rex mouse maker Reply with quote

Hello
I just bought some T-Rex mouse maker off eBay. It makes mice smell like mice and rats smell like mice.
Tried my new royal with it to try and get her back feeding and she didn't bother. But I noticed my other female which has been off her food also going mad in her box.
I had fed her a rat the night before(without t-Rex, 1st she would take in 3 weeks and thought that would be that, but with mouse maker she had 2 more rats. Feeding frenzy would not like to get some on my hand. If I can get her to eat 2x 60 Gram rats a week with it she should easily be up to breeding size this year. hope its not a fluke. will let you know.
anyone else used this stuff. if so did it do you any good?

thanks
mike
Scott W
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 7:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting Mike, not really heard of that product (knew something similar existed, also lizard markers I think?).

Like you say I think you need to achieve this with a few more snakes to know that it wasn't a 'one off' or fluke.

Please DO NOT pm orders for reptiles, send email instead scott@captivebred.co.uk
RoyalCrazy
CaptiveBred Addict!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scott W wrote:
Interesting Mike, not really heard of that product (knew something similar existed, also lizard markers I think?).

Like you say I think you need to achieve this with a few more snakes to know that it wasn't a 'one off' or fluke.

It's by the same people.
I bought the mouse one to put on rats and it had no effect Evil or Very Mad
mike h
CaptiveBred Addict!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used it to scent a rat for my male royal. It started to eat one of the rats legs and came to a dead end and gave up. For royals which respond to it make sure you put it on the nose/head or the royal will start at the scent.(I am an idiot at times) it does actually say it in the instructions.
Have heard some good reviews, but it depends on snake. some think its brill, but more probably don't. If anyone is having trouble with a royal, give it a go and let us know. it certainly cannot do any harm. other than the 6 quid.
thanks
mike
premierpython
I've settled in...

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just my experience.
Tried it,had no effect on either of my 2 (at that time) royals. Sad
Also bought it from eBay.
ballmorph
Key Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have used it with some sucess, although i had to use more of the product than is stated on the bottle...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index -> Ball / Royal Pythons All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: