Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred
A site to share your Reptile experiances & ask questions

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

ringer royal?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index -> Ball / Royal Pythons
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stubbs
I've settled in...

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2006 11:05 pm    Post subject: ringer royal? Reply with quote

Interested to see that on the Crystal Palace website they have a 'ringer' ball python because I have a normal female with two white patches that are very similar to the one on the snakes that they have pictured. On my snake the skin around the larger patch is dry which initially led me to believe that she had dermatitis but I later dismissed it as scarring due to excessive rubbing whilst shedding. Does anyone have any info or pics of these 'ringers' or even just snakes that have scars?
mark
Captivebred Communist

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2006 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i seen the one on cpr aswell i cant see how you can determine between one of them and a really low white pie but then again im not no expert far from it infact Laughing
ballmorph
Key Member

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2006 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A Pied Royal always no matter how hi or low the white is has a crazy pattern and a pure white belly... A ringer will have a normal pattern and can have the usual markings on the belly, except where the ringer mark is then the belly will have a spot of pure white running to each point of the ring... The white on a ringers body is usually surrounded by the orange colour typically seen on a pied, this is less apparant as the animal matures Very Happy
mark
Captivebred Communist

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2006 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cheers for clearing that up matey you learn something new everyday Cool
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index -> Ball / Royal Pythons All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: