Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred
A site to share your Reptile experiances & ask questions

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

feeding problem

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index -> Ball / Royal Pythons
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ljay77
I'm new here...

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 6:20 pm    Post subject: feeding problem Reply with quote

hi to all

I have a eight month old royal python. usually he is a great feeder but this past week he has not taken his mouse at all. he is going through a bit of a long shed at the minute and seems a bit grumpy could this be the reason for him being off his food and is there anything i could do to help him. please any advice appreciated
mark
Captivebred Communist

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yep that could be the cause of him not eating one of mine turns his nose during shed to help assist shed i put abit of water in the bath only slightly warm closer to cold than warm and bath him for 30 minutes Wink
Stuart
Forum Clown
Forum Clown

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Question you say a long shed?..can you describe what you mean in a bit more detail?
I'm new here...

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

he has been eyes cloudy and dull skin now since sat usually he is quite quick to shed after he turns this colour but not this time
ljay77
I'm new here...

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

he has been eyes cloudy and dull skin now since sat usually he is quite quick to shed after he turns this colour but not this time
mark
Captivebred Communist

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i dont class that as a long shed Wink
Stuart
Forum Clown
Forum Clown

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I certainly wouldn't worry about it.. Cool But probably explains the lack of appetite,some snakes will take food during this period others won't...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index -> Ball / Royal Pythons All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: