Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred
A site to share your Reptile experiances & ask questions

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Giant Geckos - Leachianus
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index -> Rhacodactylus Geckos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Scott W
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's strange you said she's the shyest, during the day I am lucky to see a single one of my cresteds, you might see the odd gargoyle but at least half the leachies out out, hanging on the cage sides. They don't tend to run either when I pick them up, instead they just hold tight to the cage. I guess it could be because they are all youngsters, that's why they aren't shy yet, I guess only time will tell.
Jackie
Site Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scott W wrote:
It's strange you said she's the shyest, during the day I am lucky to see a single one of my cresteds, you might see the odd gargoyle but at least half the leachies out out, hanging on the cage sides. They don't tend to run either when I pick them up, instead they just hold tight to the cage. I guess it could be because they are all youngsters, that's why they aren't shy yet, I guess only time will tell.

She was like that when she was a baby - it'd be great, she'd happily stay on view. Not now..lol. She has growled at me once when I tried to pick her up - I guess it's because she's maturing but I wouldn't want to be on the receiving end of a bite from her. I can pick her up but you have to be very slow with her - any sudden movements and she's off.

My Cresteds on the other hand are quite social.

3:4 Eublepharis macularius
1:0 Gekko gecko
3:4:1 R. auriculatus
1:3 R. ciliatus
1:1 R. chahoua
1:1 R. leachianus henkeli
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index -> Rhacodactylus Geckos All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: