Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred
A site to share your Reptile experiances & ask questions

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Crested eggs sweating
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index -> Rhacodactylus Geckos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
donna5
I've settled in...

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just thought I'd post the results of these eggs. I decided to cut them open as they were turning black and starting to smell. All I found was a tiny embryo and lots of milky fluid. When I first candled them they had the red cheerio on top so were obviously fertile and up the right way. Just a little baffelled as to how they went 75 days before turning like this. They even grew! Which I'm now wondering if it was just due to them taking on water and that my vermiculite is too wet. Any ideas on what I did wrong would be great as I still have another 4 eggs, three are definately fertile.
Alex Thomas
Contributing Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sorry to hear that.hope the other four do ok.how damp was the vermiculite.maria
donna5
I've settled in...

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It clumps but there's no water dripping from it when you clump it. I did do it by weight 1 part water to 2 parts vermiculite, but it hardly clumped so I added a little more water till it clumped better.
Alex Thomas
Contributing Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it sounds like u did every thing ok,this was my first year breeding,did exactly what u said u done,so may be they just wernt to be,hopefully the next ffour will hatch,i still have 2 in the incubator at 52 days,they dont look as big as the 2 that have just hatched,but when candellinghaook good.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index -> Rhacodactylus Geckos All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: