Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred
A site to share your Reptile experiances & ask questions

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Urgent Help Needed! Sick Royal
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index -> Ball / Royal Pythons
View previous topic :: View next topic  
josh_j_mcg
Contributing Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 6:54 pm    Post subject: Urgent Help Needed! Sick Royal Reply with quote

I got in there just now from a night out last night after stayin at my girlfriends and came in to check on my Royals straight away.

One of ems perfect but the other one was acting funny last night.

It hadnt moved from the same spot I left it yesterday and was quite lethargic, I came in this afternoon and it was still there and relatively cold.

I picked him up to check for any mites, rot etc and found nothing. No mites or anything on belly, nothing coming from his mouth/heat pits at all. He is extremely lethargic, hes not moved of his own accord. He seems to me as if hes dizzy when I lifted him and rotated his head quite a bit and turned upside down etc, wont move his body at all. Put him in the warm end and under his hide, left him for 15 mins and came back and hes lying there inverted, belly up and twisted.

Ive moved the other one out straight away into his new RUB and will be keeping a close eye on him.

The sick one hasnt eaten in 3 weeks as Ive only had them 3 weeks but he has refused a feed every time offered. Temps, humidity etc are all perfect.

I have been told maybe to try getting some egg yolk and put it down his neck to give him some energy and see if that helps.

What should I do? Theres no good vets around here and Ive tried contacting the breeder but cant get an answer from her.
josh_j_mcg
Contributing Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also theres no vets near here open til Monday now and I dont see him lasting that long, never mind through the night Sad They are all closed now as its after 6 on weekend Sad

Im proper shittin myself I duno wht to do and dnt wna lose him
kroakykaren
Site Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doesnt sound good Josh, somebody with more experience should be along soon to offer some advice or even an idea of what it could be. I have some ideas but not sure so wont post.
Contributing Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ticks ever box for having IBD

Wont turn itself over when I lay him upside down, looks blind and doesnt know where it is. It ticks every box so its not good

Have booked an appointment with the vets tomorrow morning first thing so will take him there and see, dont think he will live through the night tho Sad
kroakykaren
Site Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ye sit does tick all the boxes sadly Crying or Very sad
Contributing Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just gave him a quick check there and again hes lying the whole of him upside down and curled up and it looks like fluid and mucus has came out of his rear end.

Dont think he'll live over the next few hours im so gutted Sad

What should I do about the other one as he got seperated today and at a rough guess probably about 6 - 7 hours after the other showing symptoms.
kroakykaren
Site Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you disinfect the whole tub/viv? or just move the sick one? either way i would take that one to the vets too just to be safe.
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

doesn't sound good at all I'm afraid, do you think it could of over heated at all?

If you can post up any photos that may help, fingers crossed he pulls through for you.

Please DO NOT pm orders for reptiles, send email instead scott@captivebred.co.uk
josh_j_mcg
Contributing Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I moved the healthy one to its brand new RUB

It wouldnt have overheated the temps have been absolutely perfect, its something I monitor a lot as Im very paranoid about it obviously with them being my first reps. Ive checked the heat every day and put my hand to the substrate to feel how warm it is and the temps have been monitored well
Scott W
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can't think of anything else that could have an effect that quick Confused

Please DO NOT pm orders for reptiles, send email instead scott@captivebred.co.uk
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index -> Ball / Royal Pythons All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: