Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred
A site to share your Reptile experiances & ask questions

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Royal male issues!!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index -> Ball / Royal Pythons
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sharpy
I'm new here...

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Guys,

seems i caused a bit of a kerfuffle with this one!! apologies for the delay in posting again but i was on holiday and have not long been back!!

The great new is Mr. Chubbs has eaten this week, only a small rat but he was very interested in it which is great new as for the other questions.

We have a thermostatic light at one end and a thermometer, is his its an analogue one, we use this to ensure the "hot" end is at about 30C I'm not sure on the gradient as we were told by the reptile shop that the tank size would give an effective gradient. (this shop sells only reptile's and is quite particular who he sells to, as we bought our corn snake from him first he was happy to sell us the pythons). We tend to have "cardboard shelters, a full "house" style one with a single entrance under the light so they can keep warm without being burst and an open fronted one in the "cool" end.

The tanks are a touch over a metre in length and about 40cm in depth and a touch over that in height!!

If you have any further advice i would be more than happy to read!!

Many Thanks

Sharpy
Jack
Captivebred Colonel

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 1:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

have you tried the simple basic things yuh do when a royal goes off ie smaller tub, temp check, humidity check ect

is the tank glass nd if so where do yuh have it in the house if yuh are rely worried yuh could try and put a blanket over the tank

but glass aint idael for royals anyway as they feel to open another thing you could do is cover 3sied of the tank with card or news paper ect

hope this helps
Sharpy
I'm new here...

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its glass fronted and the rest is wooden.

Cheers

Sharpy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index -> Ball / Royal Pythons All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: