Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred
A site to share your Reptile experiances & ask questions

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New Crestie
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index -> Rhacodactylus Geckos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
negri
CaptiveBred Addict!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He looks really pretty...Smile

Love his little red chin. We don't seem to have as many "reddish" ones as last year. Sad

Crested Geckos 1:7:4 + 8 Eggs
White Treefrogs 0:1:0
Green Anole 0:0:1
Fire Belly Toads 5:6:0
Bearded Dragon 0.1.0
Leopard Geckos 1.1.2
Albino Cali King 1.1.0
And a Fish Called George...
ToonTomH
Key Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Had him out today to 'meet' his partner for next year, she's not quite has big as him yet, so only had them together for a little while, but in that time, it looks as though he was wanting to mate with her!

They were literally together for 10-20 seconds and straight away he started licking and nipping her body, so I took them apart, putting the femalle back.

I then came back over to him, to see him licking around his vent and saw this:

I'm guessing that's him trying to breed with her?

And does that confirm that my other one is a female?

Thanks,

Tom

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
uroplatus
Contributing Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Usually that is a sign of wanting to breed, one of my males Lucerne does this everytime I get him out if I have been handling females. Are you unsure of the sex of your other one? Just the quote "And does that confirm that my other one is a female?", not meaning to sound harsh but if you were unsure and put two males together by accident it could have been quite nasty, I would assume your other one is female by his behaviour of nipping and licking and also they didnt try and fight.
R. ciliatus 6:16:3, R. chahoua 3:3, R. auriculatus 1:5, R. Sarasinorum 2.2 R. leachianus leachianus 1:1,
U. henkeli 1:0, and other reptiles...
www.Rhac-Shack.co.uk
ToonTomH
Key Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am not 100% sure, but it certainly looks like the other one is female, it's almost a year old and there is no sign of any pores or a bulge.

It's not as if I was putting them together in a small space by themselves, I was watching over at all times waiting to get them apart if any signs of a problem even happened. They were together for 20 seconds maximum, and as I say, even if he started to move quickly towards the other one I would have stopped him.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index -> Rhacodactylus Geckos All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: