Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred
A site to share your Reptile experiances & ask questions

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Super black heads/Handling and probing discussion!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 19, 20, 21  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index -> Ball / Royal Pythons
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Scott W
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lynne wrote:
she was tube fed scott. not force fed. Very Happy
i suppose it must seem like a form of force feeding. but much calmer. im sure loads of folk have done it and know what i mean.

Laughing Lynne, unless the snake crawled up and swallowed the tube and it's contents it was forcefed Laughing Like you say just another form of it.

Please DO NOT pm orders for reptiles, send email instead scott@captivebred.co.uk
Lynne

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well if it was a choice between that or have her die, then she was force fed. but i would disagree. with force feeding they fight, with the tube she accepted it once it was in her mouth. the only thing you have to watch is if they turn their head as it can break thier neck.
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jezz wrote:

Scott, there really isn't anything major. I personally just didn't like it when he picked the baby up by the tail. People kicked off, then so did I.

(:

Jezz, your more than entitled to say you didn't like the way he handled them no one can argue with you not liking something Wink Laughing

Whether it actually causes harm is the issue that really is the point of the discussion that followed and common sense would tell even the totally inexperianced that Ralph certainly wouldn't be doing anything that may harm or hinder their future developement of yet another 'world's first mutation' . But as you say you didn't like the way he dealt with them and that's your choice.

Please DO NOT pm orders for reptiles, send email instead scott@captivebred.co.uk
mike h
CaptiveBred Addict!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
common sense would tell even the totally inexperianced that Ralph certainly wouldn't be doing anything that may harm or hinder their future developement of yet another 'world's first mutation'

Scott's wisdom prevails as always Laughing

mike
Stuart
Forum Clown
Forum Clown

Quote:
with force feeding they fight, with the tube she accepted it once it was in her mouth.

I disagree..I have assist fed many snakes and also once its in their mouth they accept and do the rest naturally..no fight at all.

to be honest scott all we both did was give opinions. then certain folk started ridiculing them. i will not stand by and have my opinions ridiculed.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stuart wrote:
Quote:
with force feeding they fight, with the tube she accepted it once it was in her mouth.

I disagree..I have assist fed many snakes and also once its in their mouth they accept and do the rest naturally..no fight at all.

she didnt stuart. i had daz from trr travel up and try to assist. she fought like hell. she got so stressed he had to stop. mind what he really came up for was a haggis roll. Very Happy

Last edited by Lynne on Sat Jul 12, 2008 10:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
Scott W
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lynne wrote:
well if it was a choice between that or have her die, then she was force fed. but i would disagree. with force feeding they fight, with the tube she accepted it once it was in her mouth. the only thing you have to watch is if they turn their head as it can break thier neck.

Call it what you will Lynne but I'm 100% sure that if you put a tube with dog food in the cage it would just ignore it, so unless I'm wrong on that I would say that you are forcing the tube into the snakes mouth.

Now the fact that your snake doesn't resist could be that either you are very good at it and have the method, tube size and lubricaton 'spot on' or of cause if could just be quite weak and had no strength to resist.

I have force fed many dozens of snakes over the years, from Western diamond backs, horned vipers to blood pythons and milksnakes. I would say that overall very few actually resisted and accepted the prey item quite quickly.

Lynne

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well she had the strength to put up a fight when being assist fed, so maybe im just good at it. Very Happy
Forum Clown
Forum Clown

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing maybe you could scent some rats with plastic tubing..you never know!! Razz Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index -> Ball / Royal Pythons All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 19, 20, 21  Next
Page 20 of 21

Jump to: