Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred
A site to share your Reptile experiances & ask questions

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Super black heads/Handling and probing discussion!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20, 21  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index -> Ball / Royal Pythons
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lynne

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh and with respect woodage, until you see me handle my snakes you cant comment about me. so try picking on someone else. thats like me saying you havent a clue about feeding yours when i dont really know you isnt it.
Contributing Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lynne wrote:
you know im gettinga bit fed up with, in woodages words, assholes telling me im wrong, my opinion doesnt matter, i should shut up. well get this woody, my opinion matters as much as yours does, my husbandry is not up for you to discuss, if my partner thinks there is something wrong wi it, i will listen to him. he doesnt. i know how to hold a snake to probe it, i know how to do most things actually.
there was a guy used to come on here, he doesnt now, and his manners were a lot lot nicer than yours. his name was eggman.
and something else, if you are waiting for me to shut up, you have a long wait.

Llynn you are entitled to your opinion. Comparing me to eggman just shows me where you are coming from. What are you trying to imply??If I voice my knowledge and you dont like it somehow I'll get kicked off the forum?? Ha! That guy was yet another forum expert. 20 years old, hardly any experience but with lots of advice. I came across him on RDR.

Sorry I dont pussyfoot around and mince words, thats not my style. If I don't have knowledge on a subject I'm not going to comment on it. If I do have knowledge and someone is wrong I'll tell them. If someone has posted something I disagree with then I'll comment. It's not necessarily about being nice to everyone. It's about passing on useful information.

Really best of luck with your collection. You obviously care for them and take care of them really well. That can only be a good thing. Don't want a personal row with you. Really no point.
bumblebee
Key Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lynne wrote:
bumblebee wrote:
Lynne wrote:
you know im gettinga bit fed up with, in woodages words, assholes telling me im wrong, my opinion doesnt matter, i should shut up. well get this woody, my opinion matters as much as yours does, my husbandry is not up for you to discuss, if my partner thinks there is something wrong wi it, i will listen to him. he doesnt. i know how to hold a snake to probe it, i know how to do most things actually.
there was a guy used to come on here, he doesnt now, and his manners were a lot lot nicer than yours. his name was eggman.

wow lynne, i wasn't attacking in any way your husbandry. i've never seen the way you keep your royals and from what i've been understanding in other topic's you take care of your animals really well. the only thing i've said is that it doesn't matter to the royals, who opens the tub or viv on feeding day and that i've never heard of feeding an snake dogfood. so please don't feel like i've had a go at you coz i havent and i sure don't want you to shut up, you're a delight with defending yourself and where you stand for

i fed my wee royal dog food, because without it she would have died. my snakes come to greet me, are you saying im a liar. if they were interested in the surroundings, they would head off, as it is they go up my arm onto my shoulders.
oh and by the way, it was my vet who gave me the dog food. next time will i let the snake die cause you think its ridiculas.
and if you think it doesnt matter who opens the vivs or tubs, ask pete what happens if he opens them.

ok lets get something out of the way here! i'm absolutely NOT calling you a liar, i'm just saying that i haven't heard of that before. secondly i nowhere state that i think it is ridiculous, and thirdly i believe they will come up to your arm, and maybe not when pete opens the tub, i'm saying that i don't believe snakes care for people the way a dog or a cat will do. i'm really sorry that you are now having a go at me whilst some other members have been saying stuff to you for the past 10 pages. i understand that you must feel attacked but don't take it out on me. it sems now that you feel that anybody has a right to theiir opinion but if that opinion is not your opinion you get ppissed off! sorry that u felt it like that and react like that. do it the way you want lynne!

end of discussion for me i won't be commenting to your opinions anymore
0.5 Royal Python
0.1 Royal Python Spider
1.0 Royal Python Jungle Pastel (Graziani)
1.0 Royal Python Mojave
0.2 Royal Python Labyrinth
Lynne

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

woodage wrote:
Lynne wrote:

Llynn you are entitled to your opinion. Comparing me to eggman just shows me where you are coming from. What are you trying to imply??If I voice my knowledge and you dont like it somehow I'll get kicked off the forum?? Ha! That guy was yet another forum expert. 20 years old, hardly any experience but with lots of advice. I came across him on RDR.

Sorry I dont pussyfoot around and mince words, thats not my style. If I don't have knowledge on a subject I'm not going to comment on it. If I do have knowledge and someone is wrong I'll tell them. If someone has posted something I disagree with then I'll comment. It's not necessarily about being nice to everyone. It's about passing on useful information.

Really best of luck with your collection. You obviously care for them and take care of them really well. That can only be a good thing. Don't want a personal row with you. Really no point.

what im saying is, your trying to be just like him. but unfortunately you

dont have his charm. that was meant to be taken sarcastlically by the way.

and too late. YOU already got personal.
Forum Clown
Forum Clown

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
what im saying is, your trying to be just like him. but unfortunately you dont have his charm

Lynne I will say Chris is nothing like eggman and if you think that you are very wrong I'm afraid..Like I said earlier lets not get personal with all this.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stuart wrote:
Quote:
what im saying is, your trying to be just like him. but unfortunately you dont have his charm

Lynne I will say Chris is nothing like eggman and if you think that you are very wrong I'm afraid..Like I said earlier lets not get personal with all this.

and like i said he already got personal stuart. quite a way back. did he pm you and complain!!!
no he aint like eggman, eggman always told me what he thought but nicely without making me feel like an idiot. i am not an idiot, and someone like woody will never tell me i am. like i said, he has never seen me handle my snakes, so how can he comment. and read back. i took a lot of snash off him.
well if he cant take it, he should shut his gob and not dish it out.
bumblebee i was not getting at you. what you said came out like sarcasm.
from now on you all do your thing and i will do mine, in the knowledge that mine are all content.
oh and i take people as i find him, and i find woody very ignorant. Very Happy
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow....what have I missed Shocked

I must admit I did only scan read the last 12 pages but a couple of things stood out;

Lynne feeding her royal dog food, shock horror, someone's done something that's not in the 'book' Laughing Interestingly enough Lynne I used to try and get a few of my snakes onto dog food out of a bowl (not force feeding). These were colubrids, I had great success with garters and even a cali king that would eat a bowl of cat food placed in it's cage. I only stopped due to the rancid smell that even the smallest uneaten amount would cause.

Also probing, something about 'too young to probe'? Well I must admit that perhaps a small child would struggle to hold a probe and sex a large snake but overall it's all about control and method and if a child or adult is shown how to do it and has sensitive enough control over there hands then I don't see a problem with a 10 or a 70 doing it. I must admit I have seen some shocking probing done over the years (probing that would of turnend any sex into a 'male' Shocked ) but can't say I can put it done to an age group.

I haven't looked over the video again and tbh can't be bothered but Ralph earning a nice living out of producing some of the rarest mutations on the planet kinda makes me think that he's NOT going to do anything that may risk the animals he's produced even as far as not wanting to put them off feeding asap. So if after hatching several thousand ball pythons ralph hasn't seen any difference in feeding response or other 'signs' of stress then I'm pretty sure that whatever he is doing doesn't actually cause the snake any problems at all. Sure maybe it's not the way you'd hold a fluffy cat or puppy but I don't honestly see any major problem with anything on that video.
If someone wants to quote the time on the video of the actual offending item then I'll be more than happy to look again.

Please DO NOT pm orders for reptiles, send email instead scott@captivebred.co.uk
woodage
Contributing Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ignorant?? That would be somone who has no knowledge on a subject. More fool you if you think that's the case. Do you mean arrogant??? Don't supposed you noticed but you are disagreeing with 90% of the people on this thread! That sounds pretty arrogant to me. This is the last I post on this subject or to any of your post Llynn, which I'm sure will make you very happy. Have a good life. Very Happy
Jezz
CaptiveBred Addict!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Robbie wrote:
Jezz wrote:
your not going to get it Rolling Eyes wee royals, is interpreted 'little/young' royals.

anywhoo i don't expect you to get it, you seem too ill-informed.

i love the way still you say that i think he handles them roughly, when in fact hes not.

Theres no fact there.

It's your opinion he doesn't, not a fact.
It's my opinion he does, not a fact.

If you could just accept neither of our opinions are FACT and both are neither right nor wrong, i would leave it be. But as long as i OBSERVE from the way you are PUTTING YOURSELF across that your too high in yourself to accept you are not right and im wrong (nor that your wrong and im right) i will continue to post in this thread or PM you.

This could have been left civil.
And you're right. I'm above you. I'm so much better, because I'm not stooping.

And it shows Wink

Scott, there really isn't anything major. I personally just didn't like it when he picked the baby up by the tail. People kicked off, then so did I.

(:

2.1.0 Python Regius
1.0.0 Boa Constrictor Imperator
0.0.1 Lampropeltis getulus californiae
1.0.0 Pantherophis guttata guttata
0.1.0 Eublepharis macularius
0.1.0 Testudo hermanni
0.1.0 Grammostola rosea
Lynne

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

she was tube fed scott. not force fed. Very Happy
i suppose it must seem like a form of force feeding. but much calmer. im sure loads of folk have done it and know what i mean.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index -> Ball / Royal Pythons All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20, 21  Next
Page 19 of 21

Jump to: