Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred
A site to share your Reptile experiances & ask questions

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Butter morph?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index -> Ball / Royal Pythons
View previous topic :: View next topic  
neep_neep
Key Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 11:41 am    Post subject: Butter morph? Reply with quote

Hi all,

I have made the terrible mistake of looking into Royals... Rolling Eyes Wink

I have had a look at various websites with photos of different morphs, and have decided I quite like the look of Butters... However, I cannot find a UK price anywhere obvious, I was wondering whether anyone had any idea how much these go for over here? If there are many available that is?

I suspect I may have to wait a couple of years for the price to reach within my range though Laughing
The Medusan
Key Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would expect Butters to be around £850 - £1000. Although they are comparable to Lessers there are far fewer of them in the UK. I hope to have some Butter Het Ghosts later this summer but these will be slightly more than the price quoted above.
Dracowoman2
Captivebred Colonel

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know John Berry will have butters later this year, don’t know what the pricing will be though, have a look on his website and check back every now and again Wink

And a warning, once you get one, your doomed to be permanently pennyless as you'll have to get hundreds Laughing

"Life without animals isn't life, they give much and take little"

Claire
quasimodo
Forum Granny

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dracowoman2 wrote:
And a warning, once you get one, your doomed to be permanently pennyless as you'll have to get hundreds Laughing

Ouch, yes that is soooo true. Thank goodness that I do not smoke or drink, all my money goes on Royals at the moment Rolling Eyes Now there is an idea for those who want to give up smoking, have a 'Royal' jar and put ciggy money in there - get a morph Royal Wink

Sue
Scott W
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 1:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Butter morph? Reply with quote

neep_neep wrote:
Hi all,

I have made the terrible mistake of looking into Royals... Rolling Eyes Wink

I have had a look at various websites with photos of different morphs, and have decided I quite like the look of Butters... However, I cannot find a UK price anywhere obvious, I was wondering whether anyone had any idea how much these go for over here? If there are many available that is?

I suspect I may have to wait a couple of years for the price to reach within my range though Laughing

Hi Sophie,

Butters are superb looking snakes, although to me they are too similar to good lessers to warrant too much extra in price. They do the same as lessers in terms of combination results etc.

I will have butters coming over from Mark @ www.ballpythons.ca haven't got any prices but I'm sure the Medusan's prices are about right (lessers as an example will be around the £600 for this years young).

Please DO NOT pm orders for reptiles, send email instead scott@captivebred.co.uk
Dracowoman2
Captivebred Colonel

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tis a very good point Sue, in fact I will be attempting to give up smoking again next week with a little help from the GP, although I’ve already spent out on Royals so I’m giving up to get some money back Laughing

I didn’t know Mark had butters Embarassed Do you know what else you can potentially get from Mark yet? Wink

"Life without animals isn't life, they give much and take little"

Claire
neep_neep
Key Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the responses Very Happy

I had a feeling they might have been around that price - I have seen photos of the lessers too, but I just have a thing for the more yellowy/caramel colour of the butters... whether it's worth the extra few hundred i'm not sure as I have yet to see the two in the flesh! I shall have to hunt a couple down and have a wee look for myself. Though I think for a morph that I like, the price isn't a bad one - especially compared to some of the other prices out there!

Dracowoman, thanks for the words of warning Laughing I've already experienced the 'addiction' phenomenon with Cresties, luckily though 'high end' morphs certainly aren't anywhere near as expensive as Royals!!! I'm still quite a newbie to snakes, but i'm sure i'll have a substantial number sooner than I expect Embarassed The OH has a thing for Axanthics and Lemon Pastels, and we both really like the Bumblebees... I can see the unhappy bank manager already Laughing
watts501
Key Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

they are nice!! butters i have one cuming in sept!! cant wait!! when i get it i will post a few pics!!
*A*
Contributing Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree butters are stunning looking snakes, it is soooo hard not to buy more royals once you have one...its driving me mad!!
Lynne

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*A* wrote:
I agree butters are stunning looking snakes, it is soooo hard not to buy more royals once you have one...its driving me mad!!

oh go on!!!!! just do it anna. Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index -> Ball / Royal Pythons All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: