Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred
A site to share your Reptile experiances & ask questions

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

A shedee and an escapee!
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index -> Ball / Royal Pythons
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dracowoman2
Captivebred Colonel

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 1:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Funnily enough I've heard/read/been told the same thing. It's weird as she's always been a strike feeder, then suddenly went off for no apparent reason, now it's pot luck if she eats or not. She's not dangerously skinny or anything but is definately skinnier than she should be. I think someone has been showing her those stupid fashion magazines where all the models turn sideways and you blink and miss them Laughing My male het pied went about 8 or 9 weeks without eating and he's about 1/3 the size of the other 07's I have as is his mrs. My pastel never fails to eat even when breeding, I'm sure he'd eat and breed at the same time given the chance. My yellow belly went off after he went into breeding mode and we've finally got him going properly again, and you won't believe this, my male spider is being a picky so and so, and he's NEVER refused a meal in fact once he had triple helpings Shocked They are all different I suppose, once I get my multis going I'll try the female het pied with one of them, I've heard all good things about multis for fussy feeders Smile

"Life without animals isn't life, they give much and take little"

Claire
crusher
I've settled in...

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 4:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

my ball made a break for it when i put her in the rubbermaid for reeding time today... the tub is tall as hell and she used the handle as a ledge inside the tub and was lookin for a way down when i walked over with dinner... first time ive ever had to hand her the mouse so i could have enough hands to pick her up
Dracowoman2
Captivebred Colonel

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've had similar experiences when feeding, I usually have to play catch the snake as they dive out of their tubs to get to the rat before I can get it into it Laughing

Claire
quasimodo
Forum Granny

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dracowoman2 wrote:
once I get my multis going I'll try the female het pied with one of them, I've heard all good things about multis for fussy feeders Smile

I have a female Royal, about 1500gr now, that has almost completely refused food since I bought her last October Crying or Very sad She was 1650+gr but has lost weight. She has taken the VERY occasional small meal but at last she is eating regularly on multis Very Happy Only small ones for now, fresh killed, but I have plenty of baby multis that can be saved for her to have as they grow, and a friend has offered a couple of larger ones for now. She did not breed last year, but hoping that she will this year if I can get her eating really well. The only problem is that now she is only eating multis Wink just as well that I have cages full of them Laughing
Dracowoman2
Captivebred Colonel

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's pretty much our plan as well Sue, breed our own and then we should have a regular supply of them for the fussy so and so Laughing We're also getting some mice in as well so we can breed those for anyone that won't eat rat or multi Very Happy

Claire
quasimodo
Forum Granny

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rats and mice pong and mine stay out in the shed with lots of hay and warm bedding, but, the dear little multis are in the reptile room 'cos they do not smell. As long as they are cleaned out regularly obviously Wink They love to have some hay, and cardboard rolls to run through. They will make tunnels if the bedding is deep enough, if not the cardboard rolls keep them amused. Also, the males need room to really chase the females around during breeding times, seriously Laughing it is part of their ritual.
Dracowoman2
Captivebred Colonel

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Our rats live int he shed as well, the mice and multis will be joining them too as there isn't room in the house for them Laughing They will all have their own nice little setups and they can make happy to their hearts content Laughing I've always got LOADS of empty tube of one variety or another they they won't go short of things to play with Very Happy We give the young rats pieces or cardboard as they seem to like to play tug or war with it and get under it as well.

Claire
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index -> Ball / Royal Pythons All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: