Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred
A site to share your Reptile experiances & ask questions

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

gargoyle geckos

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index -> Rhacodactylus Geckos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
panda
I'm new here...

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 9:55 am    Post subject: gargoyle geckos Reply with quote

i am hoping to get a couple of gargoyle geckos and was wondering if anyone could give me info on care, feeding etc. and are there any breeders in scotland, i am in fife so the closer the better. thanks Question
Biohazard156
Contributing Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hiya,

Gargoyles are very easy to keep. They can be kept at room temperature, with a good misting in the evening, can be fed on Crested Gecko Diet which is a meal replacement powder. They can also have (and love) live food, like locusts or crickets. Adults can be kept in a 45x45x60 exoterra (for a pair or trio) and babies can be kept in something smaller to allow them easier access to food. Moist eco earth should be the substrate, with lots of branches and foliage to keep them feeling secure. No additional lighting is required as they are nocturnal, but allowing them to be in a room with natural daylight is important to let them get their natural cycles.
I am also located in Scotland (Edin) and breed these geckos.

Anna
1.1.0 Dumerils
0.2.0 BCI
1.1.0 Mexican Rosys
1.1.0 ATB's
1.1.0 Viper Geckos
1.0.0 Beardie
4.7.4 Cresties
0.6.8 Mourning Geckos
1.2.2 Gargoyle Geckos
1.1.0 Tokays
1.1.2 Cave Geckos
1.2.0 Leos
crouchy
Key Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

care is pretty much identical to crested geckos and crested gecko care sheets are easy to find online.

However gargoyles get bigger than cresties and are more aggressive towards each other so its even more important to keep them seperate until breeding size.

http://www.freewebs.com/crouchys/
CB Rhampholeon Brevicaudatus (Pygmy Chams) Hatching now
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index -> Rhacodactylus Geckos All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: