Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred
A site to share your Reptile experiances & ask questions

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

DWA License - What is it exactly?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index -> Venomous & other DWAA
View previous topic :: View next topic  
slippery42
CaptiveBred Addict!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 7:20 pm    Post subject: DWA Reply with quote

The whole idea is to ensure you are experienced and understand the responsibilities that come with a license.

However is does appear that some councils take the HISS and impose stupid charges which can probably be challenged in court if you want to go that far.

I've just got my DWA license through and was amazed to find I am the first ever applicant in my area......

I found it straight forwards and quite simple to get but other may have real problems (and sometimes with good reason).

Having a DWA license shouldn't be viewed by the macho meat head in the same terms as having a big bad dog etc......

Using Nikon D300's and pro lenses
iriechris
Key Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

congrats 'slippery42' for getting ur license thoruhg, what u going to keep?

Would love a 'Gila' one day, always been fascinated by them, used to sit for ages watching them at the zoo.

Unfortunatly it took my council (or 'states' as its called here 2 months to sort out my CITIES II papers for my bosc import so i dread to think how long a DWAL would take. Crying or Very sad

Varanus 0.0.1
Rhacodactylus 1.0.0
Uromastyx 1.1.0
Herpquest
Contributing Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We have a different system in the UK Chris. All CITIES applications go through a National Government Office, whilst DWA licences are dealt with by the local Town or City Department.
For instance, if you have a quantity of Appendix 1 reptiles, the Local Government Office will be totally unaware of their existance. Applications for, and the granting of CITIES licences are done at national level.
Eric Davies
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index -> Venomous & other DWAA All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: