Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred
A site to share your Reptile experiances & ask questions

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Reptile Classifieds Version2 - have your say!
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index -> Reptile Classifieds Scammer Warnings (do not post adverts!)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Scott W
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jas wrote:
Have to agree with Stu really, think its just right, but one thing i thought may help is to display the date the advertiser registered and/or how many adverts they have placed like on the forum. This way if you saw a real good deal on there and the advertiser had been registered like a year and placed 20 adverts theres more chance its a genuine add, same way as a new member with no previous adverts you can be a bit more cautious. But then again it is pretty secure now, i havent been able to delete a scammer add for ages cause i keep getting beaten to them. Laughing

Nice idea Jas, I had already thought about having a members profile where users can click on the advertisers name and see a brief profile and all previous advert listings but adding the 'joined date' etc would be an improvement too.

Please DO NOT pm orders for reptiles, send email instead scott@captivebred.co.uk
jamie_s
Site Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

there is only one thing that bugs me and thats when people delete a post after 1 or 2 days then repost it as if the other never existed Evil or Very Mad why cant they just accept that people can use their mouse and are capable of scrolling down the pages Laughing PLEASE LEAVE 7 DAYS BETWEEN REPEATED POSTS!!!!! apart from that i think its perfick Laughing
SteveL
Captivebred Communist

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jamie_s wrote:
there is only one thing that bugs me and thats when people delete a post after 1 or 2 days then repost it as if the other never existed Evil or Very Mad why cant they just accept that people can use their mouse and are capable of scrolling down the pages Laughing PLEASE LEAVE 7 DAYS BETWEEN REPEATED POSTS!!!!! apart from that i think its perfick Laughing

ah thats cheating Laughing i am guilty your honour Laughing

jezz wrote:
I dont understand SteveL's sarcasm dohhh
Scott W
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jamie,
I've noticed that too and trust me it will be dealt with, the delete function will be removed or something similar.

Wink

Please DO NOT pm orders for reptiles, send email instead scott@captivebred.co.uk
SteveL
Captivebred Communist

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scott W wrote:
Jamie,
I've noticed that too and trust me it will be dealt with, the delete function will be removed or something similar.

Wink

BOOOO Laughing

jezz wrote:
I dont understand SteveL's sarcasm dohhh
toyah
Key Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd like to be able to search for more adverts from the same advertiser.
lol93
Site Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad the repeat ads will be sorted. Other than that, It's great! Cool
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right, a little update.

I have emailed Simon with a new brief for the classifieds version2. There's some BIG changes and some great features in the pipeline.

It does mean almost a complete overhaul of the current site but it will be well worth it.

If anyone has any more ideas, PLEASE post them up.

If there's anything you have seen on other classifieds (not just reptile but anything!!) then please tell us, we may be able to include it.

Also if there's anything you dislike about the current site, then again please tell us.

We reckon it will be about 2 to 3 months of work to re-write the new site (compared to the current site that was less than a month), that gives you an idea on the scale of the upgrade.

Once I have sent the final brief I will list some of the key new features here.

Stuart
Forum Clown
Forum Clown

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After talking this through with Scott recently I am really looking forward to this when it goes live...will be some vast changes and all for the better hopefully..The "Best" classifieds is getting better!! Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index -> Reptile Classifieds Scammer Warnings (do not post adverts!) All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: