Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred
A site to share your Reptile experiances & ask questions

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Yipee! I got one

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index -> Geckos - ALL species
View previous topic :: View next topic  
neilos1177
I'm new here...

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 10:17 pm    Post subject: Yipee! I got one Reply with quote

Hi! Just to let you know that today (after much excellent help and advice from all at the forum) I collected my first leo! She looks very healthy and is a beautiful jungle variety (unsure of age). She seems very inquisitive and didn't take very long before she was exploring her new home. I am using a heat mat and a red basking lamp for heat and also to view her at night. The shop owner suggested that I should not leave the lamp on at night as it may confuse the leo into thinking that it was still day time however I thought that red lamps could be used as a source of heat at night. Just red about the blue lamp - would that be better or is it acceptable to use the red lamp?

Will post pictures of her as soon as I have some. Feeling very proud of my little girl now.

Thanks for all help.

Neil
Scott W
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Red would be fine, to be honest I've never noticed any problems when I use normal bulbs 24 hours a day either.

Please DO NOT pm orders for reptiles, send email instead scott@captivebred.co.uk
Rickeezee
Site Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats to you. I share your chuffedness!

Could use a moonlight bulb if your bothered. Mine don't seem to care what is going on light wise they just do their own thing.

Good luck!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index -> Geckos - ALL species All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: