Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred
A site to share your Reptile experiances & ask questions

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

crested gecko housing
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index -> Rhacodactylus Geckos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
xxxfrannyxxx
I've settled in...

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks, when i get one (a long time) i will send in a photo of him/her to show you.
1 collared lizard.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
joffy666
Contributing Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

H i franny. I'm in preperation for a crestie too, and here's all the info I've found so far...

Substrate
If it's a lil crestie most recommend kitchen roll, but I've found some great looking vinyl tiles at B&Q

I will cut them down and use as a substrate until they are older. Looks better than paper and easy to clean and reuse.

Heating
The heat source for cresties is best coming from above as they do not absorb heat thru the belly like some other geckos. Heatmats just create a warm spot and apparently a infrared heat bulb on a thermostat placed on top of the tank would be much better.

As for exo terra terraiums, i've ordered a 18x18x24(h) costing £49.99 delivered.
Contributing Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 1:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use coco fibre for all my cresties, adult or juvenile, they all seem fine and have never had a problem with shedding. They all seem fine and gives them a nice natural environment. I don't heat any of my cresties or gargoyles at all, they all stay at room temp, which in my rep room seems to be about 22 ish. but a heatmat on the back or side of the tank would be best if you do have to heat them. I wouldn't keep an adult in the 12x12x18...I would say min for an adult is the 18x18x18... faunariums are good for babies so you can check what they are eating, so I keep mine in them till they are bigger, then move them to bigger tanks as they grow.

Anna
1.1.0 Dumerils
0.2.0 BCI
1.1.0 Mexican Rosys
1.1.0 ATB's
1.1.0 Viper Geckos
1.0.0 Beardie
4.7.4 Cresties
0.6.8 Mourning Geckos
1.2.2 Gargoyle Geckos
1.1.0 Tokays
1.1.2 Cave Geckos
1.2.0 Leos
joffy666
Contributing Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My exo terra viv was delivered today and guess what.... the glass on one side was smashed in!

Phoned up and theys ending another and said keep the damaged one.
How easy is it to replace a glass panel in a exo terra, anyone tried?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index -> Rhacodactylus Geckos All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: