Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred
A site to share your Reptile experiances & ask questions

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Storri
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index -> Monitors - big & small!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Scott W
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're rigt, I keep my day time temps the same year round, my winter night temps have been getting quite cold though.

The colours on your storri really are looking good. What substrate do you have them on now?

Please DO NOT pm orders for reptiles, send email instead scott@captivebred.co.uk
jim_radley
CaptiveBred Addict!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scott. All my money is tied up in other things at the moment (Chameleons, Uromastyx, Uromastyx etc...) I'll have some spare cash soon but most of that is going to Hugh for his Egyptian Uro trio. I'll be after some Ackies in about 8 weeks, when I have some spare cash. How much would I be looking to pay for some young Ackies?
Scott W
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Baby yellow ackies normally go for £100 (from breeders), £150 upwards from shops. Grown on ackies are obviously more expensive, plus if buying older animals...it's vital that they are already a pair or group, otherwise fighting appears to be common.

Please DO NOT pm orders for reptiles, send email instead scott@captivebred.co.uk
Thomas Shanta
CaptiveBred Addict!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jim,I'm keeping them on 2inches of sand with 1inch of savanna chippings so it minimizes the chance of them swallowing any but they can still have a dig,which they love.
jim_radley
CaptiveBred Addict!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have owned Ackies before, I had a Adult pair last year that I stupidly sold. I can get True Yellow Ackie hatchlings @ £60 from Breeders, although that is a special price for me. Very Happy He also says he has Red Ackies that he will sell for the same amount, although I expect they are the Normal colour Ackies rather than True Reds. I would be looking to get a group of Ackies, probably around 5 and swap the male(s) when they mature.
Shawdow
Contributing Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 6:59 pm    Post subject: .. Reply with quote

Stunning V. Storii!! I wish I could get my hands on a trio. Scott, care to ship to the states? Hahah.. I wish.. Good luck with them.

Adrian
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Sean
CaptiveBred Addict!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice examples you have there thomas good luck. Scott it would be nice to see some recent pics of your tristis tristis if you still have them that is. I think these are underated and sometimes overlooked.
Scott W
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sean wrote:
Nice examples you have there thomas good luck. Scott it would be nice to see some recent pics of your tristis tristis if you still have them that is. I think these are underated and sometimes overlooked.

Yep, still got them, have about 8 -10, I'll try and take some photos soon.

Scott W
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 10:03 pm    Post subject: Re: .. Reply with quote

Shawdow wrote:
Stunning V. Storii!! I wish I could get my hands on a trio. Scott, care to ship to the states? Hahah.. I wish.. Good luck with them.

Adrian

lol....well they did start just north from you...Canada. Can you not import from Canada?

Hugh
Contributing Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 2:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great looking storri. Must admit I have considered getting some quite a few times.

"Yep, still got them, have about 8 -10, I'll try and take some photos soon"

- Not 100% sure there, Scott? If it turns out you actually have 12, then by all means, chuck a couple this way!

Hugh
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index -> Monitors - big & small! All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: