Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred
A site to share your Reptile experiances & ask questions

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

scammer via reptileclassifieds?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index -> Reptile Classifieds Scammer Warnings (do not post adverts!)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RonW
CaptiveBred Addict!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 9:10 pm    Post subject: scammer via reptileclassifieds? Reply with quote

I just got a strange e-mail which referred specifically to reptile classifieds.

hello dear friend
how are you today i hope that every things is ok with you as is my pleassure to contact you after viewing your profileat(www.reptileclassifieds.us) which really interest me in having communication with you if you will have the desire with me so that we can get to know each other better and see what happened in future.
i will be very happy if you can write me through my email for easiest communication and to know all about each other,here is my email (mercyagurma@yahoo.co.in) i will be waiting to hear from you as i wish you all the best for your day.
yours friend.
mercy

scammer picking up addresses from the classifieds?
Scott W
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

looks like you've pulled Ron Laughing Did she send you a photo Embarassed Laughing

Please DO NOT pm orders for reptiles, send email instead scott@captivebred.co.uk
Stuart
Forum Clown
Forum Clown

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing
CaptiveBred Addict!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If he/she had I would have added it for your enjoyment Laughing
I get scammer mails all the time, but this was the first which specifically referred to reptile classifieds.
Stuart
Forum Clown
Forum Clown

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing I just got this one..
Dear Respectful,

My name is Miss Julie Kone I am 19 years old girl, This is a compelling story, and
I beg you to be patient and read through to the end.I was adopted by Late Mr Samuel Kone , A successfull bussinessman and politician in Ivory Coast. Mr Samuel died as a result of the political crisis in Ivory Coast some years back.

I loved Mr Samuel Kone for his kindness to me; for taking me out of the motherless baby home and make me his own daughter. He simply adopted me because he had no child on his own.I had no memory of my real parents.

Before the death of Mr Samuel Kone on june 14th August 2006, he called me on the hospital bed and narrated to me that he has some dollars packed in two trunk boxes, the total amount in these boxes are US$11.5 million .

He made me to understand that these boxes was deposited in a security company here in abidjan the capital city of Ivory Coast. He also gave me some Authentic Documents regarding the deposited boxes. This documents indicated that I am the beneficiary of the boxes. He also made me to understand that the officials of this company do not know the real content of these boxes, he deposited the boxes as our family valuables for security reasons. He warned me not to reveal this secret to anyone untill I finish my education then I can claim the boxes and use the money to start living.

Two weeks ago, I received a letter from the private security company.The manager of this company in his letter apologized to me for waiting so long to contact me; information of my father's death simply did not reach him until a chance newspaper publication alerted him of the fact.I was then invited to come forward to their office to claim the boxes.

But this simple invitation is a very big problem to me because I don't have money to pay for the deumurrage charges; Also I don't want to reaveal the content of these boxes to the company because my late father warned me earlier. Even though I claim these boxes myself, I don't know how I can handle the money because the money is too big for me to handle. If I take the money to bank, especially now that the country is in a political crisis they bank must question me.

I therefore decided to look for a foreign partner who will help me claim the boxes from the security company and arrange the shippment of the boxes to abroad in your country and at the same time assist me to come over to your country to stay with you and continue my education.

I desperately need your help! I need you to contact the Security Company on my behalf as the "CONSIGNEE"; claim the boxes and arrange to ship the boxes to your country. Once the boxes is shipped to you and secured, You will send me ticket and visa to come and meet you in your country.

There is absolutely nothing to be afraid of as this transaction is 100% risk free

I am waiting for your response soon.

Sincerely

Miss Julie Kone

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Site Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My god!!! what next, these folk must think we are all numptys Laughing
Captivebred Communist

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just had that same email

blocked Twisted Evil

jezz wrote:
I dont understand SteveL's sarcasm dohhh
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index -> Reptile Classifieds Scammer Warnings (do not post adverts!) All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: