Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred
A site to share your Reptile experiances & ask questions

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

What is your View?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index -> Other Pets / Exotics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Key Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 3:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stuart wrote:
I doubt that its a hand reared bird for that..probably parent reared..
and dont want to be a party pooper mate but do not get one unless you have LOTS of time at home to spend with it..they aren't budgies and need constant human interaction otherwise they go downhill rapidly...

Hey stu even if i were to not be at home theirs my father who used to breed quite a few birds. he said it be a nice to get a few birds. its why i like the caiques abit more now so i dont see why not realy mate? i do understand the attention needs with a bird or parrot. at work we have a couple of parrots a african grey and a cockatoo and i am taking care of elmo our cockatoo which is going well apart from he is only realy adapting to me, he hates women heres a couple of pics when we first got him about a month back when he was shy.

about the year old the guy who is selling it is my gf step dads mate he got the grey and some reason wants to sell it (i think because he just doesnt want it) from what ive heard about it from my gf that its a congo grey baby hand reard but the guy doesnt want the little fellah havnt heard anything else.
Royal Python
Fire bellied Toads
And a Nutty Staffy
Stuart
Forum Clown
Forum Clown

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well as you probably know they normally form a strong bond with one individual so if it bonds with you and then all of a sudden you dont have the time for it just cause your dads at home doesn't substitute you..if ya get what I mean..
Key Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah i understand mate its just that i took interest in getting a bird and i would love to have one. looks like ill be sticking to the scales and just keep dreaming Sad
Royal Python
Fire bellied Toads
And a Nutty Staffy
James
CaptiveBred Addict!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry 7109(strange name) i forgot about this thread. I agree it does sound cheap for a baby hand reared parrot and they do need alot of time spent with them but they can make great rewarding pets. My girlfriends shop have just sold there last caique (they dont usually have them for that long they seem very popular) i think they sell them for about £680 but dont hold me to that. i have attached sum pics that i hope you like and will help ease your dream of one day owning a parrot.
Lynne

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh i like that 2nd one. very nice!!
Contributing Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love caiques personally, they are such little comics. African greys are beautiful too...I guess I'm less interested in good talkers though, hence my fondness for the caiques.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index -> Other Pets / Exotics All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: