Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred
A site to share your Reptile experiances & ask questions

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Question about heating for frog viv

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index -> Amphibians
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sila
I've settled in...

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 2:08 am    Post subject: Question about heating for frog viv Reply with quote

I live in quite a cold drafty house and feel I will need supplemental heating for my frogs. I was thinking of building an expanding foam background at the top of the viv with a window left in it that I was planning to black out with black silicone and cover with a thin layer of coco bedding. Behind this I was planning to mount a thermostat controlled heatmat. I don’t want to just tape a heatmat to side of the viv because I want it to look as natural as possible... hence the "window" idea.

My question is will the heat from a heatmat penetrate the silicone and heat the viv properly, or will something ghastly happen to the silicone and coco...

All thoughts and suggestions appreciated!
MJ
Site Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Should work fine Wink

For all your Tropical plant and Naturalistic Vivarium needs please enjoy Urban Bromeliad
Sila
I've settled in...

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome... DIY shop, black silicone, here i come! Wink

many thanks!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index -> Amphibians All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: