Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred
A site to share your Reptile experiances & ask questions

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Exo-Terra products & frogs

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index -> Amphibians
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sila
I've settled in...

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 3:37 am    Post subject: Exo-Terra products & frogs Reply with quote

Hey all,

Are Exo-Terra Vivs okay to use straight from the box, or do they need cleaning / rinsing / airing etc before allowing amphibians in them?

Also, any froggers have any experience with the Exo-Terra Repti Flo 250 Mini Terrarium Pump. It's so cheap that I can't help but wonder if it really does what it's supposed to...

Thanks in advance!
MJ
Site Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I rinse and air dry all viv's/tanks as a precaution.

Exoterra pumps in general are worthless Laughing Eihem (spelling is probably off) do some amazing pumps that work in very little water I'd go with them every time.

I would also cover some/most of the mesh top also as they have way to much ventilation for amphibian in general unless you're talking some species of toad.

What frogs are you getting? Very Happy

For all your Tropical plant and Naturalistic Vivarium needs please enjoy Urban Bromeliad
Sila
I've settled in...

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 4:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for that MJ

You confirmed my suspicions about the pumps...

What am i getting? Well the three species i adore are Red Eyed Tree Frogs, Vietnamese Mossy Frogs, and Poison Dart frogs... But as this is my first attempt at keeping frogs, I think I’ll start with the red eyes.

I feel like a bit of a fraud actually; i joined the forum as an experienced snake keeper looking to branch out into lizards. But I have always loved frogs - and have decided now is the time. I am really looking forward to having a complete mini ecosystem in my bedroom. My excitement is as much about the plants as it is about the frogs! I lived in a tropical rainforest for 3 years surrounded by exotic reptiles, amphibians and orchids to name but a few - and if I can recapture even a little of that energy at home, I’ll be ecstatic.

I will not get any frogs till after Christmas - but I want to get my viv set up and planted, then let it settle for a while... like all noobs, in the meantime I have a million other questions i need to find answers for! Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index -> Amphibians All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: