Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred
A site to share your Reptile experiances & ask questions

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

exeter rep show Cancelled!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index -> Upcoming Shows / Events & reviews of previous reptile expos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PaulG
Captivebred Colonel

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rolling Eyes

shame about the shows as it is where everyone gets together.

I just hope it gets sorted.

:.Rhacodactylus.:.Eublepharis.:.Stenodactylus.:.Nephrurus.:
Jas
Captivebred Communist

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

www.exreptile.com wrote:
Jas wrote:
Well there site says it all, especially this line taken from the site.
Please do NOT email or telephone either Nick or Jason, as emails will generally be ignored.
Im sure they are p****d off but if they dont email all the people that have paid for there tables there will be alot of other people p****d too.
Im going to email the hotel now to see if i can get my 70 quid for the room back!

The reason I said don't bother emailing us is because it will do f*** all good. The show is cancelled - you know that and the reasons were posted, by me, on the website. What more explaining do you need? Do you honestly really think that anyone was more pissed off than, say, the organisers? I do care for the people who have lost out, don't get me wrong, but with dozens and dozens of people to contact - table holders, newspapers, radio stations (I was going to be live on BBC Radio Devon on the Saturday) etc, if EVERYONE emailed or rang us, it would be a huge waste of time and would restrict our ability to contact those who needed contacting e.g. the table holder from further away.

All i was saying is that when you knew it was cancelled someone should have informed all the people that had paid for tables, how long really would that have taken? i wasnt asking for more explaining, although i wouldnt mind knowing if and when we get the money back for the table.
www.exreptile.com
I'm new here...

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jas wrote:
www.exreptile.com wrote:
Jas wrote:
Well there site says it all, especially this line taken from the site.
Please do NOT email or telephone either Nick or Jason, as emails will generally be ignored.
Im sure they are p****d off but if they dont email all the people that have paid for there tables there will be alot of other people p****d too.
Im going to email the hotel now to see if i can get my 70 quid for the room back!

The reason I said don't bother emailing us is because it will do f*** all good. The show is cancelled - you know that and the reasons were posted, by me, on the website. What more explaining do you need? Do you honestly really think that anyone was more pissed off than, say, the organisers? I do care for the people who have lost out, don't get me wrong, but with dozens and dozens of people to contact - table holders, newspapers, radio stations (I was going to be live on BBC Radio Devon on the Saturday) etc, if EVERYONE emailed or rang us, it would be a huge waste of time and would restrict our ability to contact those who needed contacting e.g. the table holder from further away.

All i was saying is that when you knew it was cancelled someone should have informed all the people that had paid for tables, how long really would that have taken? i wasnt asking for more explaining, although i wouldnt mind knowing if and when we get the money back for the table.

All the people with tables were contacted as soon as possible by Jason, and all were informed that they would get their money back, although I don't think it could have been said for certain at that time how long that would take. I would like to thank, however, everyone for their support in light of the last-minute cancellation, as it is much appreciated and will ensure our efforts to put on a show next year.

P.S. 70 table forms - that's 70 contact emails and phone numbers. Some people would have been unavailable on their phones, some had already left for the show, and some wouldn't be checking their emails before the show. Not sure how long it did take to contact everyone, but my guess would have been: quite a while.
tarantulabarn
Contributing Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Havent really commented much as i know that there are threads on every forum about this, I do think though that it is now time for everyone to get over it, The organisers did a sterling job in changing venues etc at such short notice and no blame in anyway should be put at their door.

We all need to look forward and concentrate on the futuure of the shows
Jas
Captivebred Communist

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am over it! Rolling Eyes
Im not having a pop at anyone here, but if you have informed "all" the people that booked tables then we was missed out as we wasnt emailed or telephoned and so until now didnt know we was getting the money back. Very Happy
Thomas Shanta
CaptiveBred Addict!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not being polite and treading on egg shells anymore,I want my money back,their is no excuss why it would take 2 months to refund me after they cocked up.
SnakeGuy
Key Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 1:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thomas Shanta wrote:
I'm not being polite and treading on egg shells anymore,I want my money back,their is no excuss why it would take 2 months to refund me after they cocked up.

That's really not acceptable that people have STILL not got their money back. I know i would not be happy so understand where your coming from. Last i heard all repayments were going out in the next week, that was about a month ago. Have you not had any luck trying to contact Jason?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index -> Upcoming Shows / Events & reviews of previous reptile expos All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
Page 9 of 9

Jump to: