Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred
A site to share your Reptile experiances & ask questions

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Mystery Snakes!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index -> Snakes - General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Martinh
Contributing Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 8:51 pm    Post subject: Mystery Snakes! Reply with quote

I wont bore everyone with the details but basically a friend of my mums knows a woman with a pair of snakes given to her as corn snakes. After seeing the snakes he recognized them as pythons. This is the info i ve got:

The two snakes are housed together.
One is 6ft (or at least looks six foot) one is roughly half that size.Age is unknown
Both are gold and brown in colour.(the guy pointed to a ball python in the book i showed him)
But have different patterns
The larger one eats 4 mice a week and also sheds weekly Shocked
They seem to behave like pythons i.e.coiling round the owners arm etc.
The larger one has 'apparently' tried eating its cagemate(which does worry me slightly)

Obviously i wont know for sure what they are until i see them which wont be for quite i while as i m heading back to uni.

I know this is very little to go on and probably not totally accurate but what do people think? I ve always enjoyed playing detective! Very Happy

Martin
mark
Captivebred Communist

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well for starters id tell the owner to get the smaller snake out of there NOW Shocked Crying or Very sad and due to the larger ones size and eating pattern id say its no way a royal maybe a burmese? impossible to tell without pics could be anything but the smaller snake needs removing straight away Rolling Eyes
mark
Captivebred Communist

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

also where abouts is this person in the uk so maybe someone could advise as to what they are and also rescue the smaller snake
sikorae
Contributing Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 1:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree priority must be to get the smaller one out FAST.
Martinh
Contributing Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Frustratingly i am now back at uni and the problem is i have never met this woman, its one of those friend of a friend of a friend stories. I ll try and get in touch with the woman and try and at least get them seperated.
Nerys
Contributing Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

please show her, or tell her about, some of these

and this is how it often starts

please at least ask your friend to ask her friend to ask her if she is feeding them seperately...

*worries*

N
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index -> Snakes - General All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: