Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred
A site to share your Reptile experiances & ask questions

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Rainbow Boa Care Sheet

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index -> Care Sheets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cass
Captivebred Communist

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 8:33 pm    Post subject: Rainbow Boa Care Sheet Reply with quote

Hi all, now i dont usually ask for care sheets as i normal research myself but im having real trouble with brb care sheets there is loads and they all say mega different things ?? most are normally the same but brb seem to have way different things on each different sheet ??? so can some 1 who keeps brb and knows quite a bit about them please point me in the right direction ,, thanks Very Happy
lol93
Site Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Cass, I know what you mean about the care sheets-there is lots of conflicting information out there!

I have 2 BRBs, and can only speak from my experience. They started out in life in shoebox sized Conticos, with a damp sphagnum moss hide at one end and a water bowl in the other. Substrate was damp paper towels. Once a week they were fed on rat pups, and temps were kept between 80-85 degrees, on a statted heatmat.

I have kept the same basic setup throughout there lives, only increasing the size as they got bigger. They are now in 4ft Pennine vivs on damp newspaper with water at one end and humid hide at the other. The vivs are heated by a reptile radiator on a stat. I don't use any lighting in either viv, as the room has enough natural light.

They are now 2 and 3 years old respectively, and have never had any health problems (touch wood!).

Hope that helps! Smile
Captivebred Communist

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thats a big help thanks for info , what sort of size have they grown to ?? thanks again Very Happy
lol93
Site Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The male is almost 5 feet, and the female about 4.5 feet-she is a year younger, though. I plan to breed them in a couple of years I think.
Captivebred Communist

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cheers lol i shall now be looking into getting a baby 1 i think will research more 1st of course Very Happy
lol93
Site Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a good few snakes, but they have always been, and will always be, my favourites! I think if you get the husbandry right to start with, they're dead easy to keep. I love 'em! Laughing
CaptiveBred Addict!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rainbowboa.co.uk

should do the trick if anyone was in need good of rainbow boa info
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index -> Care Sheets All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: