Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred
A site to share your Reptile experiances & ask questions

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Ackie eggs

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index -> Monitors - big & small!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sikorae
Contributing Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2005 2:58 am    Post subject: Ackie eggs Reply with quote

Does anyone know how long they take to hatch, they have been incubating since 5th August, they look good and are quite firm to touch, temps about 84-86 degrees. Thanks Julie.
Scott W
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2005 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Julie,

Most seem to take an average of a 100 - 120 days, mine took over 150 days but were a lot cooler than yours. I would guess that yours will hatch in the next few weeks.

Good luck and well done.

Please DO NOT pm orders for reptiles, send email instead scott@captivebred.co.uk
sikorae
Contributing Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2005 8:37 pm    Post subject: Ackie eggs Reply with quote

Thanks for your reply I will let you know how things turn out.
Madfrontosa
I've settled in...

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2005 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

my clutches of beardies took 6 weeks but the young were massive - but come from a large male - but I still kept thinking they would not hatch - the only thing that has occured to me is humidity - on futher reading I have found that putting a couple of holes in the tub seems to be the recomendation to allow some airflow - I seem to have gone a bit drill happy and put around 4 in the long section of the tub and two in the other - the only thing I can think of is the humidity level - even though I wet with pre-warmed water ever 10 days on the incubation medium.

would be happy to know the saze of your egg box and medium used as I hope to get some eggs off the 4 I have bean rearing next year

regards

John
Flettwood, Lancs
paulv
I've settled in...

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2006 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The eggs of the ackie's that i have got was laid on 26/7/2005 and the eggs hatch on 23/11/2005. I am not sure what the incubation temps were.
sikorae
Contributing Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2006 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The eggs are still looking good, candled them and think there is definately something in there, should be the next couple of weeks Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index -> Monitors - big & small! All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: