Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred
A site to share your Reptile experiances & ask questions

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Best conditions to make emperors breed?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index -> Invertebrates
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Phil1988
Captivebred Communist

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 2:50 pm    Post subject: Best conditions to make emperors breed? Reply with quote

I don't know if this has been asked before or if there is even an answer but does anyone know good conditions to make emperor scorpions breed? My mate has a male and female, both adults and they just don't seem to be 'getting it on'... Shocked
lovesnakes
Key Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i never had any trouble breeding mine, never did anything special either.

the one thing that books used to say was place a flat stone or piece of slate or something similar. when breeding the male will drop a sperm sack, then drag the female over it where she will lower herself in order to pick up the sperm.

don't confuse fighting with courtship either as the male will grab the female by the claws in order to pull her along.

also there could be a small chance they are not sexually mature, somewhere in the region of 3 1/2 years to obtain.

the obvious thing to do is check they are in fact a pair!? really easy to do, just look under each scorp at their pectines (brush like things) the males will be a fair bit bigger.

be prepared to wait as well, the pregnancy can take up to 8 months!
Phil1988
Captivebred Communist

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the reply, I think that they are a pair and they are both around the same size. They don't fight and to be honest I think we could have just not seen the mating. There is a big flat rock in there for them to do the whole mating dance and stuff.

They were put together early May so if all goes well by December we might see some babies. There's no hurry I just want a couple off him Very Happy
lovesnakes
Key Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wish him luck with them Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index -> Invertebrates All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: