Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred
A site to share your Reptile experiances & ask questions

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Chinese alligators

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index -> Venomous & other DWAA
View previous topic :: View next topic  
9779crocs
I'm new here...

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2005 1:21 am    Post subject: Chinese alligators Reply with quote

Hi all, I am about to renew my DWA and i am going to add a pair of chinese alligators to it. The problem i have is trying to find any in this country. I know of a pair for sale in spain (Squamata reptiles), they do ship ship all over europe but i dont really like the idea due to the stress these animals can suffer. Can anyone help???? I.m new to this forum lark so you will have to bare with me :D
Scott W
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2005 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How about driving over to collect them?

Failing that you just need to keep looking, try advertising on the classifieds at the top of this site.

I've not seen any for sale for quite a while. Good luck, they are fantastic animals.

Please DO NOT pm orders for reptiles, send email instead scott@captivebred.co.uk
9779crocs
I'm new here...

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2005 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers for the reply Scott

I have thought about driving to spain, but i think i will use this as a last resort.

You have seen them for sale then?
JStroud
Site Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2005 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you ever worked with them? I'd rather get some Paleosuchus to be honest, at least they move sometimes Rolling Eyes Laughing
9779crocs
I'm new here...

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2005 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No i haven't worked with them, but i know a guy who was looking after some for a while, they were the more friendly out of all his collection!! I already have a dwarf caiman at the moment he/she is about 900mm long. Just want to add another croc to my collection and i like the look of the chinese alligator. Have you worked them? Any comments on what they are like would be great.
JStroud
Site Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2005 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They aren't the most exciting of all crocodilians to be honest, but this is just my personal opinion. They definately seem the easiest to 'tame' if you can say that, with many Americans parading them round the US shows every now and then. On top of that they are renoundly hard to breed, coming from China they are kept quite cool which is a major factor in their disposition. Where abouts are you based?
9779crocs
I'm new here...

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2005 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am based in Oxfordshire. When this guy was looking after them he could very easily pick the up with no fuss at all. They were about 18" long, so i see what you mean by 'tame'. They are quite a lot of money aren't they?
baloo
Key Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2005 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think you be better of contacting the AG Krokodile (crocodile work goup) in germany
heres the contact info
http://members.aol.com/agkrokodile/kontakt.html
JStroud
Site Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2006 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've never seen them for sale on a private scale so not sure on the prices, but would imagine them being quite expensive. Zoo's would only want them if they can breed them, they aren't exactly amazing display animals when mississipiensis look almost exactly the same just dam bigger!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index -> Venomous & other DWAA All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: